Sunday, April 25, 2010

Art at the Winery May 2

     I am very pleased to have been invited to participate in Art at the WInery, a regional show & sale at Snus Hill Winery (SnusHillWinery.com) near Madrid, IA on Sunday, May 2nd.  Snus Hill is one of our favorite local vineyard/wineries, and I'm excited to be part of the event this spring. 
     At last count 22 local artists were confirmed to be participating.  The media are varied -- photography, jewelry, pottery, painting, collage and prints (my friend Deb Anders-Bond) and fibers (that would be me!).  I've been working for several weeks to get ready for the event, and I have a nice assortment of wearable art that would make great Mothers' Day gifts.

There little felted "gadget bags" are just the right size to hold small items in your backpack, computer bag or big purse.  Some
of them even have sparkly zippers (OOooooo!).  They are made from leftover bits of yarn from other projects.
     In addition to my "signature" felted bags -- I have several new ones to show off -- I'll also bring some gorgeous hand-dyed silk scarves and handknit cotton socks in bright summer colors. 
And for all the knitters who come to this event, look for these beautiful hand-dyed yarns in several weights.

Hours for the May 2 show are noon -- 5 pm.  For driving directions check the Snus Hill website. The winery's tasting room will be open, so take the opportunity to sample some of their award-winning Iowa wines, almost all made from grapes grown right on the property.  Many of their varieties and bottle labels feature names and images of cats (Catnip, Kitten, "Hairball"-- actually, that one has a much classier-sounding "real" name), reflecting the Larson family's fondness for felines. 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment